| Spoiler warning!|
The Lock article contains plot details that may spoil certain parts of the game. Read at your own risk.
|First appearance||Day 1|
Lock is a young man living in a coastal village, along with his sister, Emi, and grandfather, Tobias, west of Antonia. When this village (and indeed the entire kingdom) is attacked by a army of Clockworks under a new Lord Agony, Lock meets an Archineer named Isaiah who warns him of the impending invasion and helps him set up defenses. After holding off a small group of clockworks, Lock and the villagers are forced to abandon the village. After traveling to Antonia, Lock then enlists as an archineer to helps the war effort against the clockworks. The Chief Archineer, Kenan, is doubtful of letting Lock join, as he has no previous training other than what his grandfather taught him. but Isaiah vouches for his skill in combat, finally Kenan relents and allows Lock to join the archineers.
After several months of intense fighting all over the kingdom, Lord Agony launches a huge attack on Antonia itself, Lock is imperative to its defense, not only defending the capital but destroying Lord Agony's secret weapon, War Machine. At the climax of the game, it is revealed that the new Lord Agony is none other than Tobias. Lock's supposed grandfather who is really Jacob, the hero from the first clockwork war who killed the orginal Agonius. Lock himself discovers he is himself clockwork, the greatest creation of Agonius. Jacob took Lock and raised him as a human, under the guise of Tobias. He created Emi, who is also clockwork, and the village in which Lock was raised. After this shocking revelation, Kenan snaps, singlemindedly attacking Jacob but in the process nearly fatally wounds Emi. As the game comes to a close, Kenan has been killed by his own fury and Tobias faces charges for his war crimes. Due to Emi being a clockwork she is unable to heal and thus is doomed to die. In penance for his crimes Tobias offers to give his soul to Emi, thus fixing her and redeeming himself. The game ends with Lock and Emi mourning at his grave.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
See also: Abilities
- Punch: Lock's basic attack is punching enemies in combat. This attack deals 15 damage.
- Building Lock can build towers using a certain material (wood, stone and metal). After Day 76/Day 55, Lock can combine all three materials to make spiked wood walls, thanks to Heathern. Lock can also build new turrets, traps and helpers by collecting enough scrap pieces for each one.
- Ratcheting: Taught by Isaiah, Lock can repair walls by ratcheting. Ratcheting repairs 8, 16, 24 and 32 points depending on how many times the player slides the lever.
- Attack Buff: Tapping the numbers in numerical order, Lock can deal extra damage.
- Acid Touch: Lock can use toxikinesis on an enemy by spinning the gear in a certain direction 3 or 4 times, applying the acid status effect on the targeted enemy for 6-7 seconds.
- Vampire Drain: By sliding the bars, Lock can drain the health out of an enemy and heal Lock by the amount given. It gives +10 health.
- Freeze: Lock can use cryokinesis/glaciokinesis by pulling the tabs in the correct direction, freezing an enemy in place for 5-10 seconds.
- Lightning: Lock can use electrokinesis by creating lightning bolts that deal damage to every enemy on the battlefield.
- Goo Storm: Lock can generate raindrops made of goo that slows down every enemy on the battlefield, dealing damage over time.
- Repair All: Lock can use this ability to repair all damaged structures for +6.
- Money Drop: Lock can siphonise an enemy's source, multiplying it by 3. Lock is the only living Archineer who possesses this ability.
- Main article: Lock/Gallery